[Moon] DUBUS 23cm Results, G3LTF

Nando Pellegrini nando.pellegrini at tiscali.it
Mon May 17 18:20:19 CEST 2021

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the pleasure for making a QSO with you and nice description
of your setup.
I am doing all most the same and have a Perseus Receiver in parallel
with the IF out of the transverter and a big monitor on the PC screen
where i can see the smallest signal but even so there is a latency
before having detected an out of frequency signal and put it in the
center of your filter and sometimes is too long, i am using a K3 as
receiver and always with the 50Hz filter that works very well. The
receiver has also an APF but which,i guess, is only a few hertz wide and
it  doesn't help with signals from the moon and the information is
deteriorated instead of having an advantage at least for my ears.
Another problem i have noticed with very weak signal, is  a very often
sending the call sign stored in a circular buffer with a link between
the end and the start so not allowing to distinguish the 2 when
repeating it.
Only very little considerations not so important and with no effect to
the contest value
73 ant to the next,nando