[Moon] EME2020

Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Sun May 16 10:50:59 CEST 2021

Hello EME gang,

I'm calling in after a long time. I'm just about to finish the isolation
after COVID19. Thank God I didn't catch him until after the first dose of
vaccination, and my doctor had Bamvilibimab put in the next day, but I still
had a week of fever and felt like a whipped dog. At present, I can do an
hour or two of concentrated work and then I have to rest. But I hope it will
be better next week. That's just to start off, that Chinese crap might be a
problem.

In terms of EME 2020. Considering all things, the EME 2020 team proposes one
more move up to 2022. There are several things that lead us to this
proposal.

1 - the hotels will only open gradually from June and according to the
operating lady from the Top Hotel, there is no certainty that they will
operate at 100% in August

2 - travel and COVID mutations. There is currently a problem with the Indian
mutation. It may look like Pfizer is working on it, but from the point of
view of many countries, it's not sure how it's going to be in the summer
with travel

3 - the same situation for airlines, the US still has not allowed free
travel to the EU. Same with AU.

4 - earlier today, doubts began to arise about the Tokyo Olympics. The same
problems as above and this has different means available to the Olympic team
than our EME2020 team.

5 - population vaccination coverage at 75% is not expected until autumn 2021

Another problem that is starting to emerge after the loosening up is a price
increase of 15-20% in restaurants and services. I'm sure you watch it in
your countries, too. But that will be a question when we discuss all the
services ordered. The hotel is holding the line.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you in 2022.
We still think it makes sense to organise such conferences in such a way
that personal meetings and joint discussions can take place.

More details on our EME conference web soon.

Your comments are welcome.

73!

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC and team EME2020