[Moon] EME conference 2020

Zdenek SAMEK-OK1DFC ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Sat May 30 09:05:29 CEST 2020

Information on the EME conference 2020 in Prague.

Dear OMs, as promised in March we provide information on the current state
of preparation of the EME 2020 conference in Prague. As you all know, due to
COVID19, traveling has been greatly reduced and many of you may not be able
to come. Generally the situation regarding the COVID19 is good in the Czech
Republic and from June 15th it will be possible to travel freely across the
border. Also as of June, up to 300 people are allowed to rally at one place.
We have everything ready, including lectures and press proceedings. So
nothing prevents us from holding the conference, but…

As very few of us are expected to be able to attend, the organizing
committee decided, after considering all the pros and cons, to postpone the
conference until next year. The date is therefore changed to 19.8.– 22.8.
2021. We have negotiated with the hotel and other companies that help us
with the conference. The outcome of the negotiations is as following:

 1. Top Hotel leaves your booking in effect and only adjusts the date of
 your bookings. It also leaves all prices without change as set for this
 year. So there is no change in the price of the conference fee.

 2. The transport company and the accompanying program companies will change
 our dates for 2021, but prices are not yet agreed. We hope they will not
 change. In the event of a price change, it will certainly not be a dramatic
 increase and we would agree on a payment change for already registered
 participants individually. We have everything carefully registered.

 3. Everything else remains as planned in 2020 and we will be refining the
 details on our website www.eme2020.cz(http://www.eme2020.cz/).

We hope you will understand the change and we'll see you in 2021. Most of us
are already in the 60+ age group, which is fundamentally affected by COVID
19. This was also one of the reasons why we decided to make this change. We
look forward to seeing you in 2021.

On behalf of organization committee

--
Zdenek - OK1DFC