[Moon] Q-Team JN46je microwave GRID-Expedition 23. to 31. May 2020

dan at hb9q.ch dan at hb9q.ch
Tue May 12 10:48:09 CEST 2020

Hi All

We are very happy to announce our NEW spring Q-Team GRID-Expedition!

Due to the worldwide Covid-19 situation we had to postpone our SV5
DXpedition to May 2021 (more information in summer).

In HB9 lockdown is easing-up now, so it is possible to travel within HB9.
Therefor we have decided to go to our holiday home in Brione sM, south
Switzerland (JN46je). As far as I know there was NO EME activity ever from
JN46 on 1296, 23xx, 3400 and 5760 MHz. On 10xxx MHz HB9DUK is QRV from JN46,
so several stations have worked already JN46. But for all others it is a new
grid!

Our holiday home is on the south slope of the Alps at 400m above sea level.
We have a very nice view of the Lago Maggiore. However, still being in the
mountains, our moonrise and even more our moonset are somewhat restricted.
We probably lose 20° on MR and 20+° on MS. Since I never expected to be QRV
from there, I do not know exactly the window, sorry. We will drive there on
16. May. So I expect to communicate the exact window by 18. May (I will post
it on HB9Q webpage, mmmonvhf and the Moonnet).

We have received the special license to use 2320/2304 and 3400 MHz from
there (in HB9 this frequencies are not part of the regular license).

Here our operation schedule:

23. May

2320.100 JT65C HB9CRQ 1st RX on own echo, 06.30z until 16.30z

2301.990 and 2400.100 (on request only, please send e-mail to dan at hb9q.ch),
2304.100 (QSY will be announced on HB9Q 23xx logger)

24. May

3400.100 JT65C HB9CRQ 1st RX on own echo, 07.30z until 17.30z

3399.990 1st (on request only, please send e-mail to dan at hb9q.ch), QSY will
be announced on HB9Q 3400 logger

29. May

5760.100 QRA64D HB9CRQ 1st CFOM, 12.00z until 21.30z

30. May

10368.100 QRA64D HB9CRQ 1st CFOM , 13.30z until 21.00z

10450.100 1st (on request only, please send e-mail to dan at hb9q.ch), QSY will
be announced on HB9Q 10xxx logger

31. May

1296.100 JT65C HB9CRQ 1st RX on own echo, 14.40z until 22.00z

CW: Although it is on the limit, we will work CW on all bands. However only
with big-guns and after the pile-up on JT/QRA is worked.

Equipment:

1.5m dish 1x2mm mesh, homemade automatic az/el control

1296: 100W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

23xx: 90W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

3400: 80W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

5760: 80W at feed, circular, preamp at horn

10xxx: 50W at feed, v-pol, preamp at horn

We will be using WSJT-X 2.2.0 RC1. On 23, 13 and 9cm we use JT65C with
Doppler Control (“Own Echo”, in other words we listen on our own echo). On 6
and 3cm we will be using QRA64D (if necessary JT4F) including Doppler
Control (“Constant Frequency On Moon” and if necessary “Full Doppler to DX
Grid”). Hopefully more people take advantage of automated Doppler control.
Especially on 6 and 3cm it is a MUST for successful QRP operations.

We’ll have internet access. During our activities we’ll be stand-by on the
HB9Q band loggers. We also will check our e-mails several times a day.

How big needs your station to be to work us?

On 23cm 2m dish and 150W at the feed

On 13cm 2m dish and 100W at the feed

On 9cm 2m dish and 50W at the feed

On 6cm 1.5m dish and 80W at the feed

On 3cm 0.75m solid dish with 60W at the feed

QSL policy: QSL only direct including SAE to: HB9Q, P.O.Box 133, CH-5737
Menziken

If you wish to sponsor our activity, you are welcome to do so by using
PayPal dan at hb9q.ch (please mention your call).

We are looking forward to our Grid-Expedition and hope to work many of you!

Vy 73, Dan/Sue & Sam Q-Team at HB9CRQ GRID-Expediton