[Moon] Fiberglass Silo effect on 23cms?

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Tue Dec 11 11:43:47 CET 2018

I have no choice but to site my dish quite close to a fibreglass Silo. I suppose that the Silo will be quite noisy but I wonder how much it will attenuate signals? The silo is 6m away to the South and is 8m high. I have calculated that for the bore-sight of the dish to clear the Silo requires 40 deg of elevation, which I suppose is not too bad considering it is to the South.  I have another clear shot from 200 deg until around 260 deg then I start to hit buildings again. On the other hand moon rise to 170 deg is open fields so I cannot grumble.

Regards

Conrad